1. We are a group of friends not participating in any of the major competitions and just coming to Techkriti to have fun. Would we be allowed?
No, you can come to Techkriti only if you participate in one of the events or workshops.
2. I have received the hospitality form, what should I do next to avail accommodation?
No further step is required; just present the hard copy of the form when you report at the hospitality desk. The registration fee(Rs 1500) plus the caution money (Rs. 100) is to be paid before you arrive at the campus for the festival (3-6 March), mode of payment being online.
3. What is the procedure to be followed after we reach IIT Kanpur?
You need to report to the Hospitality Desk, Students Activity Centre (SAC) along with your college identity card.
You will have to produce the reciept of your online payment and a recent passport size photograph.
Booklet will act as your identity card in campus.
In case of a big contingent, contingent leader needs to present the ID cards of all the people in his contingent at the hospitality desk along with a list of all the people. Accommodation would be strictly on shared basis.
4. My parents or professors want to accompany me, is this allowed?
No, only the confirmed participants are allowed to enter the institute premises.
5. I don’t want accommodation because I belong to Kanpur, am I expected to pay the registration amount.
Yes, the registration amount has to be paid by every participant. The accommodation facilities are complimentary.
6. Can two participants be from different colleges in a team event?
Yes, Techkriti does not restrict cross participation from colleges in a team event.
7. Can I get accommodation on 1st March or before, although the festival starts from 3rd of March?
No, accommodation will be provided from 2nd evening. All the participants coming before can stay in hotels outside IIT Kanpur.
8. How do I avail travelling facility from Kanpur station to IIT?
From Kanpur Central Railway Station:
Taxis and autos are easily available from the Cantonment side of the Kanpur Central Railway Station (from Platform number 1 side).
There is a pre-paid auto and taxi booth.
The rates are Rs 300 for a taxi and Rs 200 for an auto.
We will also arrange for some buses from the Kanpur Central Railway Station to pick up the participants. These would be available on the Platform 1 side of the Railway Station. They will charge you with a nominal amount of Rs 15 or 20. However since the number of buses is limited, you might have to arrange your own conveyance.
From the Bus Stand:
Buses will not be available here so you will have to arrange your own conveyance.
Autos are easily available from the Bus stand to IIT Kanpur. The rates are Rs 200 for an auto. For convenience, fix up the rates with the driver before you board the auto.